Documents You Need to Bring
If you are at least 18 years old, you are eligible to apply for a license. You must show proof of identity, social security number and a Florida residential address. Before you head to your local DMV, be sure to review the documents you need to bring with you.
Tests You Must Pass
- Pass the written exam which consists of 50 multiple choice questions with at least an 80%. This exam will test your knowledge of road signs and traffic rules, based on the information from the Florida Driver’s Manual.
- Pass the driving test which is used to determine your ability to obey traffic laws and safely operate your car.
- You will have to provide your own vehicle for the road test. Before you can take the test, the vehicle must have a valid registration, be insured, and pass a vehicle inspection.
- During this test you will be required to perform different maneuvers, which could include 3-point turns, parking, passing a vehicle, backing up your vehicle, and giving the right-of-way.
- You will be required to pass a vision test with at least 20/40 in each eye, with or without corrective lenses.
- A hearing test will be performed to ensure you will be able to respond to road emergencies that rely on your hearing.
Florida Driver's Handbook
Find a local DMV